1. LABRADOR RETRIEVERS:
Labrador Retriever is ranked as No.1 dog breed as these dogs are the most registered among all dog breeds by American Kennel Club statistics in year 2012.
They have been carrying their position from last many years.The breed originated in Canada and from then has never been an ignored breed due to it's numerous characteristics being well-behaved.
The German Shepherd (German: Deutscher Schäferhund, German pronunciation: [ˈʃɛːfɐˌhʊnt]) (aka Alsatian and Alsatian Wolf Dog, both UK names) is a breed of large-sized dog that originated in Germany. German Shepherds are a relatively new breed of dog, with their origin dating to 1899. As part of the Herding Group, German Shepherds are working dogs developed originally for herding sheep.
The Golden Retriever is a large-sized breed of dog. They were bred as gun dogs to retrieve shot waterfowl such as ducks and upland game birds during hunting and shooting parties, and were named retriever because of their ability to retrieve shot game undamaged. Golden Retrievers have an instinctive love of water, and are easy to train to basic or advanced obedience standards.
The Beagle is a breed of small to medium-sized dog. A member of the Hound Group, it is similar in appearance to the Foxhound, but smaller with shorter legs and longer, softer ears. Beagles are scent hounds, developed primarily for tracking hare, rabbit, and other smallgame.
Bulldog is the name for a breed of dog commonly referred to as the English Bulldog. Other Bulldog breeds include the American Bulldog, Olde English Bulldogge, and the French Bulldog. The Bulldog is a muscular, heavy dog with a wrinkled face and a distinctive pushed-in nose. The American Kennel Club (AKC), The Kennel Club (UK), and the United Kennel Club (UKC) oversee breeding standards.
The Yorkshire Terrier is a small dog breed of terrier type, developed in the 19th century in the county of Yorkshire, England, to catch rats in clothing mills, also used for rat-baiting. The defining features of the breed are its maximum size of 7 pounds (3.2 kg) and its gray, black, and tan coat.
The Boxer is a breed of stocky, medium-sized, short-haired dogs developed in Germany. Their coat is smooth and tight-fitting; colors are fawn or brindled, with or without white markings, which may cover the entire body. Boxers are brachycephalic (they have broad, short skulls), and have a square muzzle, mandibular prognathism (an underbite), very strong jaws, and a powerful bite ideal for hanging on to large prey.
The poodle is a group of formal dog breeds, the Standard Poodle, Miniature Poodle and Toy Poodle (one registry organisation also recognizes a Medium Poodle variety, between Standard and Miniature), with many coat colors. Originally bred in Germany as a type ofwater dog, the breed was standardized in France.
1. Amazing puppy in an angry mood
10 fun facts about dogs
1. A dog’s heart beats between 70 and 120 times a minute, compared with a human heart which beats 70 to 80 times a minute.
2. It is a myth that dogs are color blind. They can actually see in color, just not as vividly as humans. It is akin to our vision at dusk.
3. If never spayed or neutered, a female dog, her mate, and their puppies could produce over 66,000 dogs in 6 years.
4. The ten most popular dogs (AKC, 2007) are in order:
Labrador Retriever, Yorkshire Terrier, German Shepherd,
Golden Retriever, Beagle, Boxer, Dachshund, Poodle,
Shih Tzu, and Bulldog.
5. A greyhound can run as fast as 45 miles an hour.
6. It has been established that people who own pets live longer, have less stress, and have fewer heart attacks.
7. All dogs can be traced back 40 million years ago to a weasel-like animal called the Miacis which dwelled in trees and dens. The Miacis later evolved into the Tomarctus,a direct forbearer of the genus Canis, which includes the wolf and jackal as well as the dog.
8. Seventy percent of people sign their pet’s name on greeting cards and 58 percent include their pets infamily and holiday portraits, according to a survey done by the American Animal Hospital Association.
9. A dog’s whiskers are touch-sensitive hairs called vibrissae. They are found on the muzzle, above the eyes and below the jaws, and can actually sense tiny changes in airflow.
10. Dogs can smell about 1,000 times better than humans. While humans have 5 million smell-detecting cells, dogs have more than 220 million. The part of the brain that interprets smell is also four times larger in dogs than in humans.
1. This blue dog has got amazing eyes
2. This dog is so strong
3. This Puppy seems very tired
4. Adorable faces of a kitten and Puppy
5. Two amazing dogs
6. Two amazing Huskies
7. This puppy looks very cute
8. Pug waiting for the cookie to come
9. Giant George with his master
10. Two adorable puppies sitting together for a pose
All dogs and puppies are cute and amazing.
1. Bulldog Puppies
2. Samoyed Puppies
3. German Shepherd Puppies
4. Pug Puppies
5. Husky Puppies
Some of the smallest dog breeds are as follow
2. Boston Terrier
If you are planning to get a new puppy then you should take care of these 5 important things. It will help you in getting the best one.
1. The first and foremost things to keep in mind the health condition of the puppy. Make sure your new puppy/dog has had all its vaccinations from a trusted veterinary doctor. It maybe De wormer, Parvo, Distemper (Rabies if over 6 months) it is a good idea to keep the health records/rabies cert in a binder.
2. The second important thing to remember is that if you don't have enough time to look after it but still want to own one then you should better hire a dog walker. And while choosing the dog breed try to choose the one which is not too needy.
3. Make sure you are able to take your puppy/dog for daily walks or have an area for your puppy/dog to run. Depending on what size dog you have or the type of dog you have will determine the exercise he or she will need. You can check with your vet to find out what is needed for the type of dog you are going to get before you get your new best friend.
4. Train your dog means training you and your family too. Have fun with your new puppy. Take him or her to the pet store and buy a new toy. Your dog and you will love the time together. Take your puppy/dog to obedience classes. You will learn a lot of great ideas to keep you and your family happy. Use a collar and leash when you take your dog places. Make sure you have Id tag on your dog. You can have your vet put in an micro chip if you want. It will help find your dog if he or she is lost or stolen. Do you need a fence or invisible fence? How much will it cost?
5. Lastly If you have young children think of their hobbies, and what activities they do daily. Is this dog going to be able to go with you places? Does your dog need to run or likes to sit?
1. Irish Setter
2. Labrador Retriever
5. Golden Retriever
2. Dogue De Bordeaux
3. English Bulldog
Top Five Longest living dog breeds are as under:
2. Lhasa apsos
4. Maltese dogs
5. Boston terriers
More Articles ...
- 10 Most Adorable puppies that will make you go aww
- Bulldog puppy sleeping like death
- Funny dog in an angry mood
- New born boston terrier puppy
- Amazing Shar Pei puppies sitting together
- Adorable black Schipperke Puppy
- Great Pyrenees puppies
- Funny pug wearing black hat and black glasses
- Little adorable puppies playing together
- Caucasian Shepherd dogs
- Little baby Beagle kissing her mother
- Cute funny dog giving a pose with her tongue outside
- Adorable puppy eating a carrot
- Adorable Airedale Terrier puppy
- American Staffordshire Terrier Puppy
- Small brown puppy playing with a ball
- Belgian Malinois and rottweiler playing together
- Airedale Terrier puppy standing on ground
- Ibizan Hound Dog with brown ears
- Funny pug puppy wearing a scarf
- White cute fluffy puppy
- Mommy dog with little puppies
- Basket full of cute puppies
- Innocent brown puppy waiting for dog food
- Best dog Breeds of all time
- 5 Most Expensive Dog Breeds
- World's biggest dog sitting with his master
- 10 Most Popular Dog Breeds in America
- The 10 largest Dog Breeds
- Top 10 Most adorable puppies
- 5 Biggest dogs you have ever seen
- 10 puppies that will make your heart melt
- 5 Dogs who are bigger than their owners
- 5 Dog Breeds For kids
- Top 5 Most Affectionate Dog Breeds
- 5 Interesting facts about Siberian Huskies
- 5 Breeds of Dog that like to cuddle the most
- 5 Signs your dogs loves you
- Four little muscetors sitting in a tub
- Grumble of pugs in lap
- Little Doberman puppy
- White and black American bulldog
- Funny puppy afraid of a doll sheep
- Cute brown chow chow puppy
- Dalmatian puppies sleeping together
- Mother pitbull and puppy pitbull sitting together
- Cute Black Labrador Puppy
- Mother and son bulldogs playing together
- Dog and cat sleeping together
- Innocent little puppy taking a bath